When you think the God Dream is lost
You’re not late, God is right on time.
Don’t you just love to dream?! I’ve been a dreamer for as long as I can remember. However, the older I got, the more responsibilities I had, my dreams seemed to get further and further away. Ashamed of my burdens, I tucked that God Given dream away and lived life on my own terms.
So often the lies of the enemy make us stuck. We constantly numb the pain and fill every moment with things that have no eternal impact. I believed my family, job, and stuff of this world could heal my pain from anxiety, depression, loss, hurt, grief, and my lack of trust.
We all have been called to something greater and don’t have to live a life just barely surviving. It will surely take place. Wait patiently because it will not be delayed. God sent His Son to carry our burdens, forgive our sin, and show us kindness and grace. With the help of our Heavenly Father, you can release control of your life and dream again. God is aligning your season with His purpose.
Mama this time is not wasted. Let go and watch as the Lord does something wonderful in and through you. It’s not too late and you can keep dreaming. No matter your current season, you can thrive and step into who He has called you to be. Give yourself permission to be present in all that you do. Planting your feet exactly where they are.
God is never late. Dream on Mama. Dream.
Regardless of your current season, you can still pursue that dream. Just focus on producing good fruit. Steward your gifts and talents well. Give yourself permission to enjoy and be present in all that you do. Planting your feet exactly where they are.
Here are a few questions to ask:
- Take inventory of your puzzle pieces. Thank God for your story and the pieces to come.
- Confess your need to control all situations and release them to the Lord. Write out the ways you have taken things in your own hands.
- Share with a close friend your God-Dream. Ask them to hold you accountable to take one step to pursue it. Even if it’s starting with 15 minutes and then you go from there.
- Pick a day this week to spend intentional time with Jesus and take a Sabbath. Seek the Lord and the plans He has for your life. Your to-do list can wait.
Holding on to these verses this week:
- 'Then the Lord replied: “Write down the revelation and make it plain on tablets so that a herald may run with it. For the revelation awaits an appointed time; it speaks of the end and will not prove false. Though it linger, wait for it; it will certainly come and will not delay. ' Habakkuk 2:2-3
- 'But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God’s special possession, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light. ' 1 Peter 2:9
- 'See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the wilderness and streams in the wasteland. ' Isaiah 43:19